Research and Administrative Assistant
Are you currently studying communications and/or news media and ready to use your knowledge in a real-world setting? Do you like discussing/analyzing the current transformation of the media right now? If so, Fragment Media Group—which includes The Daily Dot, the leading internet culture publication, the acclaimed science magazine Nautilus, the Phire influencer network, and Memetic, an in-house branded content studio, is looking for a part-to-full-time assistant for our CEO. This position is primarily focused on conducting research. In addition, responsibilities include managing correspondence, additional writing, and project management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts competitive/industry research
- Conducts research on media/communications criticism/theory
- Compiles information and prepares for consideration
- Helps draft select sections of company newsletter
- Loads/sends newsletter to company
- Project management
- Manages select household projects
- Helps hold CEO accountable for project milestones
- Corporate Communications
- Writes posts for the company blog
- Applies for awards
- Coordinates speaking opportunities
- Manages company social media
- Manages and maintains CEO’s schedule
- Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Reads and analyzes incoming emails to determine their significance and plan their distribution
- Helps plan travel arrangements
- Arranges gift purchases
- Conducts basic reporting
- Assists in drafting memos/reports and/or filling in relevant data
- Supports CEO with general administrative and personal tasks
Desired Skills and Experience
- You’re conversant in media studies theory/research, particularly as it pertains to 21st century challenges and the effects of the internet
- You’re knowledgeable about the intersection of media with civil society/engagement
- You have strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You take proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- You are a highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- You have the proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- You are a forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficient in online office tools (e.g., G-mail, G-suite) and social media platforms.