one5c Intern - Spring
one5c is a climate-action publication aimed at helping our audience identify specific ways they can combat the environmental crisis. We are a fully remote company that currently gets its words out through newsletters and social media, but we’re working to expand.
one5c is hiring an intern to help us save the world. Hero complexes welcome. Reporting to the Associate Editor, the intern will lend day-to-day editorial support to one5c across its channels. But your main job is to learn: Expect to get exposure to all sorts of aspects of journalism. This includes writing for our newsletter, optimizing content for maximum search visibility, fact-checking our longer sustainability guides, keeping a close eye on headlines, and regularly brainstorming ways to keep our ever-evolving publication on the verge of sustainability insights. Like everyone else on the team, our intern will need to be a fountain of ideas, dive headfirst into new platforms, and be comfortable learning and adapting along the way. You should crave a job that feels just a different every day, and comes with that “I’m doing something about the literal biggest problem in the world” buzz.
This is a part-time paid position (25-30 hours a week) with a minimum commitment of 3 months.
You will need to:
- Write and fact-check stories.
- Help maintain our library of evergreen content.
- Curate and report news briefs for our biweekly newsletter.
- Take deep dives into the latest reports, findings, and news in the climate sphere and come up ready to explain them to a wider audience.
- Help update our digital properties, including our website and social platforms.
You should have:
- Some journalism experience, preferably in science and/or environmental journalism (internships and college newspapers count!).
- Deep concern about the climate emergency and a readiness to do something about it.
- Borderline obsessive detail-orientedness and organizational skills.
- An entrepreneurial and self-starting spirit.
- A nice can-do attitude. We are nice people here.
- An eagerness to learn.
one5c is a member of Fragment Media Group, which provides a flexible work environment. Our headquarters are in Austin, Texas, but we have team members all over the country and operate as a fully remote team. At Fragment Media Group, you’ll get the opportunity to take on more responsibilities at a quicker pace than many organizations and work alongside a group of passionate and dedicated team members with a variety of expertise.
Fragment Media Group recognizes the value of the broad and rich variety of experiences, ideas, and skills our team members bring to the business. Beyond compliance with government regulations, we are actively committed to diversity and inclusion, and we wholeheartedly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply; we strive to foster an environment that is actively safe for all our employees and taps the full potential of each employee consistent with the Daily Dot’s high standards of performance. We believe that there is an ongoing benefit to our families, employees, and community when Fragment Media Group supports a diverse workforce, and we are committed to equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity/transgender status, or veteran status.