Video Curation Intern
The Daily Dot is the web’s most comprehensive source for original internet news and is among the fastest-growing media companies in the world. We tell the story of the internet each day with uninhibited reporting on the people, apps, memes, and movements that are shaping the world online and off.
The intern will gain valuable experience in social media management, focusing on scheduling reels and curating video content for platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook. Additionally, they will actively participate in creating and editing video reels and learn the ins and outs of producing visually appealing and shareable content. Interns must be comfortable self-recording and appearing on camera. This hands-on experience will provide the intern with a comprehensive understanding of social media strategy, content creation, and audience engagement. The Daily Dot's video curation interns work closely with the video, social, and curation teams as they learn how to work quickly to adapt stories from across the newsroom into video concepts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create, edit, and schedule content across all social media platforms
- Absorb feedback from editors to progressively improve video and editing skills
- Record videos for social platforms about internet culture and trending Daily Dot stories
- Lead experimentation with untapped formats such as stitching and remixes
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have a strong understanding of how video works on social media platforms
- You are skilled in multitasking and prioritizing in a rapidly changing environment
- You understand and know the Daily Dot brand, internet culture, and online trends
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced startup/entrepreneurial environment
- You have experience editing video or using a video editing program
- You are comfortable being on camera to record social videos
- You have experience or enjoy working with a virtual team
- You’re very familiar with using social media platforms
- You meet deadlines and collaborate well with others
- A resume
- Examples of social videos you created
- An editing reel, if you have one
- A cover letter that explains your interest in internet culture and/or why you’d make a great fit
This is a paid ($20 per hour), approximately 10-hour per week commitment for the duration of the fall. Applications for spring 2024 are due by Dec. 31, 2023. Note that this internship is currently fully remote.
We're happy to work with you to apply this internship toward college credit, if applicable.
The Daily Dot recognizes the value of the broad and rich variety of experiences, ideas, and skills our team members bring to the business. Beyond compliance with government regulations, we foster diversity by encouraging an environment that taps the full potential of each employee consistent with the Daily Dot’s high standards of performance. We believe that there is an ongoing benefit to our families, employees, and community when the Daily Dot supports a diverse workforce.
We are committed to equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity/transgender status, or veteran status.